Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ABOUT

Welcome to MyRosieMaye, my showcase.  A place where I share things that I make and things that inspire me.  It is a collection of handmade creations and vintage treasures that are special to me and I hope to you too.  My name is Donna Vaughn and I am a self-taught sewist who is passionate about her family,the  environment, gardening,, and handmade.


I taught myself to sew when I was 9, after I was given an old White Treadle sewing machine. I spent many hours sewing clothes for my mother, my sister and myself.
 
I now live in a small town in Washington with my second husband Ron and our beloved miniature schnauzer Livingston.


I still love to sew and I'm inspired by beautiful, colorful fabrics old and new, sharp looking patterns that I would someday like to create myself, fancy sewing techniques and all kinds of buttons, lace and trims.


I now sew  bags and purses for my etsy shop, rosiemaye.  I make well made bags that you will enjoy yourself, and that are perfect for gift giving.  I pay close attention to detail and will not sell anything I would not use and enjoy myself. RosieMaye's Grocery Bags are one of my favorite and most useful bags.


I hope you enjoy the time you spend here and that you find something that inspires you.  My e-mail is myrosiemaye@gmail.com. Drop me a line I would love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment